Join the TEACH Team: Part Time Program Assistant
JOB TITLE: Part-time Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
EFFECTIVE DATE: 7/10/2017
SUMMARY: Planning and coordination of the program and its activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures implementation of policies and practices.
· Maintains budget and tracking expenditures/transactions.
· Supports planning and coordination of a program and its activities.
· Manages communications through media relations, social media etc.
· Helps build positive relations within the team and external parties.
· Schedules and organizes meetings/events and maintain agenda.
· Ensures technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.).
· Prepares paperwork and order material.
· Keeps updated records and creates reports or proposals.
· Supports growth and program development.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Computer skills required: Microsoft Office
· Other skills required:
o Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
o Knowledge of program management and development procedures
o Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
o Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
o Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
o Excellent time-management and organizational skills
o Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
o Detail-oriented and efficient time manager
o Experience in a nonprofit setting would be a plus
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.